How grotty is that weather? We went out to go swimming and came home soggier than we were in the pool cos of the rain. So if you are stuck indoors like us, here are 3 cool things to do for free in your house.
1. Personalise your keys
We got this idea from A Thrifty Mrs. All you need is your house or locker key, and some nail varnish. Paint keys, let it dry, admire.
Thanks to El’s best friend for lending her the nail polish. El has her own she just didn’t have that colour and couldn’t be bothered to get it herself.
2. Balloon volleyball
This is a popular game with parents, because it keeps kids active and their mum or dad gets to have a little lie down.
All you need to play this game is a balloon, two kids and a double bed or maybe a sofa. Kids bat the balloon to each other with their hands. Parent lies on the bed or sofa and keeps score.
That’s all there is to it. (Try it, it’s better than it sounds).
3. TV Moustache
To play this game, you will need to cut out a moustache-shaped piece of paper. You will also need a tiny little bit of Blu Tack.
Then, watch a DVD. When you get a full face shot of an actor looking particularly morose, pause the DVD.
Then stick the moustache on the actor and have a good laugh about it.
And that’s all there is to TV moustache.
El & Jae
Twirling our moustaches
Are you bored of half term yet? Have you run out of cash? Here is our handy guide to things you can do for free in the school holidays:
- Stare at people and try to read their minds and freak them out a bit.
- Edit a newspaper. You will need a black marker for this.
- Steal/borrow an iPhone and play some games. Fruit Ninja and Dragonvale are both good free games.
- Make weird, moany noises just for the heck of it.
- Just stay in bed all day. Make sure you have books and snacks nearby, or a slave to bring them to you.
- Talk to a toddler, preferably one you know. Every thing they say is really sweet, plus their parents will be grateful to you for occupying them.
- Stroke a cat until he gets annoyed, then run for your life.
- Go into an Apple store and play on all the stuff, then leave without buying anything
- Do your homework (this is the nuclear option, only to be done in the most extreme cases of boredom).
- Tidy your bedroom (see above)
El & Jae.