You know you’ve got a teenager in the house when…..
Happy Christmas and Merry New Year.
Oh hang on, that is so last week.
Now, some of you may be wondering if you have a teenager in residence, or simply a very tall and articulate toddler. Next time you are unsure whether you have a teenager in residence or not, please consult our easy guide.
You know you’ve got a teenager in the house when…
- There are no crisps
- All your good nail varnishes have gone
- Ditto your hairspray and your second best eye liner
- And your money
- There are adult-sized people in the house with child faces. They are very polite, but they have eaten all the crisps.
- Someone is singing the theme from Titanic in the shower
- And has been doing so for at least half an hour
- Someone who loves you is telling you that they hate you
- You hear the words Do I have to?, I’m not your slave and Have you tried turning it off and then turning it back on again? several times a day
- Your car has a full booking system even though you have not officially qualified as a taxi driver
- Despite sitting in one place on their laptop all the time their bedroom will be will very messy.
- And is never tidied. Ever
- And even when they claim to have tidied their room it looks exactly the same.
- They ring the doorbell EVERY DAY even though they have their own key.
- They pop off at a moments notice.
- Everything you say has to be repeated twice. No one was listening either time.
- The chocolate has a habit of disappearing. It’ll be in the same place as the crisps.
El and Jae
Teenagers frighten us, even though one of us is one…