Are you bored of half term yet? Have you run out of cash? Here is our handy guide to things you can do for free in the school holidays:
- Stare at people and try to read their minds and freak them out a bit.
- Edit a newspaper. You will need a black marker for this.
- Steal/borrow an iPhone and play some games. Fruit Ninja and Dragonvale are both good free games.
- Make weird, moany noises just for the heck of it.
- Just stay in bed all day. Make sure you have books and snacks nearby, or a slave to bring them to you.
- Talk to a toddler, preferably one you know. Every thing they say is really sweet, plus their parents will be grateful to you for occupying them.
- Stroke a cat until he gets annoyed, then run for your life.
- Go into an Apple store and play on all the stuff, then leave without buying anything
- Do your homework (this is the nuclear option, only to be done in the most extreme cases of boredom).
- Tidy your bedroom (see above)
El & Jae.
The good news is – I have been asked to go on BBC radio to talk about my book and answer questions on a phone in.
The bad news is – it’s in the middle of the night.
El says not to worry as “you won’t be heard by normal people”. She has also given me this advice:
- Start off in a squeaky voice and get deeper and deeper as the interview progresses
- Don’t do it drunk
- Bring a book so if you don’t know the answer you can look it up
- Don’t get bored and start screaming out swear words
- Don’t bring in a radio so you can listen to yourself on the radio, as it is very confusing and the world might explode
- Do wear a fake moustache because no one can see you
- Do give the microphone a hug and say “I’m hugging all you lovely people” and then cry
So as long as I can remember all that, it should be OK
Wish me luck!