For anyone unsure about modern manners, we have prepared this handy guide:
Bad manners are:
- Putting your face in your food and munching like a cat
- Meaniness. Not just with money but general horribleness and rudeness
- Recounting your every fart and sigh on Facebook
- If someone tells you a story and forgets that they’ve told it to you before, DON’T SAY You’ve already told me this because that will make them feel bad and like they’re losing their mind.
- Saying OMG THAT SOUNDS TERRIBLE! when somebody suggests the next book for Book Group, even if it does.
- Meeting someone you only know from their Twitter picture and saying OMG YOU ARE 10 YEARS OLDER AND 3 STONE BIGGER THAN I THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!
- Shouting STOP SMOKING into someones phone when they’re trying to call their mum. And they’re under the legal age to smoke. And NOT ACTUALLY SMOKING.
- TALKING WHEN EL IS WATCHING WATCHDOG!!!!!!!!!!!
Good manners are:
- Saying Thank You (even if you don’t like the present)
- Saying Thank you for a lovely tea to your mum or dad, even if you didn’t like it all that much. At least they fed you.
- Thanking people on Twitter for a RT (retweet)
- Bringing home a packet of Liquorice Allsorts for Jae
- Smiling. But not creepily
- Linking to great blog posts
- Using the correct cutlery. Except a soup spoon, no one knows what that is.
- Keeping quiet when El is watching Watchdog
- Cleaning up your dog’s poop
(Please) Do you have anything to add to our manners guide? (Thank you)
El & Jae