Sun and Screaming at Thorpe Park
Are you a roller coaster or a roller can’t-er?
El LOVES going on big high upside downy type rides and having a good scream. Jae likes standing on the ground with two feet nice and solid and stomach where it is meant to be, not churning up inside your neck.
This summer we will find out which is best when we go for a day trip to Thorpe Park as they have given us some tickets. We’re going to go during the Sun Scream event which runs from Wednesday August 23 to Sunday September 1. This will include lots of free family fun extras, including daytime silent discos, adrenaline-fuelled stunts, plus freestyle hip-hop and beatbox performances and workshops.
If you haven’t been, this is Thorpe Park:
Here are a few facts you may not have known about the theme park also known as the nation’s Thrill Capital:
- If you buy a full-priced ticket, for a little bit extra you can upgrade it to a Thorpe Park Annual Pass, giving unlimited access to the park for the rest of the season until it closes on 4 November, 2013.
- There are plenty of rides that all the family can enjoy, such as Zodiac and manic carpet ride Quantum as well as the Flying Fish. Jae likes the sound of Flying Fish.
- If your kids are after something a little edgier, and if they’re 1m or taller, they can experience the thrill of the newly refurbished X, an illuminated ride through dynamic coloured lighting. Jae also likes the sound of dynamic coloured lighting, it sounds a bit like a roller disco.
- For extreme thrills, older children over 1.4m can now brave it backwards on the Swarm! That’s Swarm pictured at the top of this post. Jae doesn’t like the sound of that so much, but El does. She would have to hold on to her books pretty tightly though.
- You can also stay overnight at the park in their newly opened ‘Crash Pad’ accommodation from £64 per person which includes 2 days at the park and breakfast
Are you a roller coaster fan? Do you think Jae should brave the big rides, or stick to embarrassing El by participating enthusiastically in the silent disco?
El & Jae