Reasons why homework should be banned

I do not like homework because

• It takes up all your time when you are already tired
  • Children already work hard enough at school as it is
  • Adults do not have to do homework, so it is not getting you ready for life as a grown up
  • Some of it is what you’ve already done in school so you already know it and therefore it is pointless
  • It is never fun stuff that you would want to do
  • Homework means that you are never away from school. Even in the holidays it is there like a great big weight on your mind
  • It’s really stressful
  • Some kids cheat and get their parents to do it
  • Homework makes me lose the ability to speak and instead I just go Eh like a baby
  • Homework makes me pull this face:

AAAHHHH Homework!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please sign below in the comments if you agree that homework should be banned

El.

About these ads

February 1, 2012. Tags: . Rants.

41 Comments

1. johnhiggs replied:

They probably will ban homework.

But not until after you have left school.

• san6557 replied:

omg i think the exact same it is poinless now hurry up and ban home work jee

• NEVAEH replied:

i hate homework im writing a pettition right now homework is the worst I HATE HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jack replied:

i don’t like it

3. hg replied:

the face is funney <3 haha

• Christine Larsen replied:

i love her face it’s BOSS homework sucks i’m the awesomest person alive and P.S HOMEWORK SUCKS TEACHER ARE CRULE -christine larsen forever

4. someone replied:

thanx 4 da points it will help me in my assesment…..
    cheers

5. Daz Ellis replied:

wooooooooo! legend! I love homework.
    oh soz , i mean sorry. I HATE HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. minettte replied:

I think these are great

7. Magicjj7 replied:

I imagine homework will eventually banned in the future. America is riding years of political problems, and the crushing education reforms of Bush are about to do the damage that has been anticipated for years. Once that happens most likely a huge education reform within the next few years. I have nothing against doing some homework such as assignments or maybe a math sheet here an their. However in reality homework that i got in High school and students get now his literally appalling. It in no ways has any benefits it’s ridiculous, it’s busy work. Especially the teachers that don’t do jack **** in class and your daily 2 hour homework is what your supposed to learn. WTF!!! do i spend 13 years of my life 180 days a year at your ****ing school if im just supposed to ***ing teach myself at home. And sadly that’s becoming the norm, all these young teachers that are dumb literally their dumb as **** are becoming teachers and becoming best friends with kids and not doing their jobs. I’ve seen it in my school they use it has a crutch to make up for all the time they spent bull****ting. Also with each generation comes a more social awareness towards life and already students are wondering why do i have to spend my whole life in school 8 hours a day all the stress, the way some of these ****ing schools are ran is like Nazi Germany. Everybody is picking on America because are test scores are down, well no **** by 2nd semester kids are drained they don’t want to learn they don’t want to wake up every morning just to go to a mundane building were their underfed,another huge topic in my mind, just to finally be released and come home and have more stress because of homework. The pro-homework people in these debates are ridiculous their what i like to call the i don’t care’s. They think that it doesn’t effect me so why should i care, Apathy really, and seriously that’s a major in our country. After 20 years of failing test scores were to stubborn to break the norm which a lot of European schools are doing and are seeing positive results also. I just find it really sad that we’ve come to this but hopefully it won’t last long Education Reform will be around the corner and with it more productive classes which is 100% the reason that homework his assigned. Do more and class like your supposed to and you don’t need less homework.

• jae replied:

Thank you for your comment! I had to *** some of the language because there are kids hanging out around here but thank you anyway for taking the time to express your point of view.

8. Vote El! (And also Jae!) « Eljae – A blog by El and Jae replied:

[...] We explained what to do if someone calls you a nerd, what it means when kids use text speak and why homework should be banned. [...]

9. Cheryypicker replied:

BAN HOMEWORRLKKK

10. Arebus replied:

Death💀

11. jo replied:

say what

12. Nicole replied:

say what???

13. khodar replied:

homework is OK!!

14. khodar replied:

no one tease homework. Add good comments

• El replied:

Are you by any chance a teacher who sets the HW and dosen’t actually do it? Or perhaps someone is messing with your brain. I just had to spend ages rotating a picture of a little man for HW. At no point will this be useful or helpful to me in later life. Plus it was a massive waste of time.
      However I appreciate your opinion even if I completely disagree with it.

15. erin replied:

i agree thanx

16. afnan replied:

yes i also want to banned homework seriously it is very stressful in holidays also we cant go out for this homework and projects they give us of that we cant do anything

• afnan replied:

but ya homework makes children to do practices but ya we will be tired after coming by school……THE HOMEWORK SHOULD NOTBE BANNED ………

• afnan replied:

The subject of homework being banned has been discussed and debated for years by students, teachers and parents. Both sides of the argument have numerous reasons for their decision, but here are some of the reasons why homework should not be banned from schools.
        First of all, homework encourages students to undertake independent learning which they will be required to do when they get to University. Many people argue that schools spoon-feed their students, which makes them completely unprepared for what awaits them at higher education when all research and further reading must be done on the student’s own time. By setting homework in the form of projects, students will be able to learn on their own and develop skills that will serve them well in later life. It also helps to teach the students responsibility and time management skills, seeing as the teacher is not there to make them learn.
        Secondly, a lot of students prefer to learn on their own and teach themselves, rather than having a teacher lecture them. Homework encourages children to do this and may also help them to revise it more thoroughly. Whatever students have learnt in the classroom can then be reinforced and solidified by completing homework tasks.
        Homework can also be beneficial for the teacher as when they collect homework in to mark it, it gives them a good idea of how much their students understand what is being taught.
        Practice makes perfect as the saying goes. So the only way to get better at algebra is to practice it, which is why teachers set homework. It help to encourage a great number of skills that students will find extremely useful not only in school and any further education that they may go on to, but also in jobs that they will have.

17. mikella replied:

I HATE HOMEWORK

18. esmeeellis7 replied:

i definitely think homework should be banned because it just takes up extra time on the weekend when weekends are supposed to be to relax from school yet you are spending all your weekends doing school work. it is definitely not fair and i think it should be banned.

19. Our greatest hits – packed with nutritious goodness « Eljae – A blog by El and Jae replied:

[...] one by a long way is Reasons why homework should be banned – this has had thousands of hits and is on page 1 of Google for that phrase, proving once and [...]

20. ifrah replied:

it is true homework is so stressful even now in the summer holidays i have to write an essey and have 4 pages of maths and then i go to my cousin thats in year 11 and she teaches me 2 pages of maths in 2 maths books which is annoying.

21. Reti replied:

I hate homework!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Like your pionts.
    Go out there and banned HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Jman replied:

Agree to them all!!!!!

23. NEVAH replied:

24. Johnathan replied:

You right sis

25. angie replied:

homework should be cause all it does is stress people out im tired of all of it its drivin me insane

26. saket replied:

hw should not be banned but it should be given less,so the kids have leisure time
    look at it this way-
    no homework, no grades
    no grades, no college
    no college, no job
    no job, no money
    no money, no food
    no food, your dead
    so without homework, we all r dead meet.so stop complaining

• El replied:

Not always true, my teachers don’t always grade my homework and the overall grade we get at the end of the term (the one that matters) is based on tests, class work and attitude towards work. In fact even though my homework gets graded the grades never really affect anything. The chain breaks down and human kind continues. :)

27. Anonymous replied:

I’m sorry, but I disagree.. I LOVE homework!

28. patrickocahir replied:

This is your rallying point! Ban Homework!

29. yara italia replied:

OMG, I LOVE HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it, it’s heaven on earth!!!!!!! Err…… Sorry, what I mean is I HATE HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. joey replied:

i really actualy like homework :I… JUST KIDING IT SUCKS!

31. mickey mouse replied:

some people think that homework is a bad idea, but for some people they don’t like homework . but they don’t understand that the teacher only give you homework because they want to see wither you understand what you have learn in that lesson or time period. so don’t take homework as an effesive think take it has like you are revising something.

thnx for reading this

32. gouis23 replied:

Hiya! I am also a kid blogger and am loving this blog! You can find me at blametheblogger.wordpress.com! I just followed! Cant wait to hear from you, and please stop by at blametheblogger someday!

33. jesse owen replied: