Top tips – How to do radio interviews
The good news is – I have been asked to go on BBC radio to talk about my book and answer questions on a phone in.
The bad news is – it’s in the middle of the night.
El says not to worry as “you won’t be heard by normal people”. She has also given me this advice:
- Start off in a squeaky voice and get deeper and deeper as the interview progresses
- Don’t do it drunk
- Bring a book so if you don’t know the answer you can look it up
- Don’t get bored and start screaming out swear words
- Don’t bring in a radio so you can listen to yourself on the radio, as it is very confusing and the world might explode
- Do wear a fake moustache because no one can see you
- Do give the microphone a hug and say “I’m hugging all you lovely people” and then cry
So as long as I can remember all that, it should be OK
Wish me luck!
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!